Food Safety Supervisor
The Australian Retail College offers the SIRRFSA001 Handle food safely in a retail environment course online.
This course is offered self paced with 90 days access to the course included as part of the course fees. This course has been designed for individuals who are currently employed in the retail food sector with experience in food handling. Our program is not suited to students with no experience in handling food. If you’re new to the industry, with no experience, search for courses that are suited for students with no industry experience.
We accept enrolments from individuals who:
- Are currently employed in the retail food sector
- Have access to a real workplace for both training and assessment
- Are able to read and write in English to a standard that doesn’t require additional one on one assistance (due to the course being self paced)+
We do not accept enrolments from individuals who are on Student visas.
- The maximum course duration of this program is 90 days included as part of the course fees. Additional time can be purchased at $50 per month (four week period).
How do I register for this course?
- Register using the ‘Enrol online’ button
- After you register you’ll be sent an online enrolment form to complete where you’ll provide your USI, proof of residency and state issued photo identification
- Our team will process your enrolment
- You’ll be given access to our online portal
How do I complete the course?
- You’ll start by undertaking the training in the Learner Guide. The learner guide provides you with theoretical information and videos. In this section you’ll gain information on the practical tasks to practice in your workplace.
- You’ll complete a short training quiz to confirm you’ve got the knowledge to complete the assessment.
- You’ll complete a practical learning log confirming you’re able to complete the practical tasks in the course.
- Your workplace supervisor will complete a supervisor report confirming they agree you have the practical skills associated with the course.
- You’ll complete our written question assessment.
- You’ll book in for a workplace observation where our assessor will ask you to complete a range of workplace tasks via Zoom or Teams. They will observe you completing the tasks and take detailed notes.
- Your work will be marked and you’ll be given up to three (3) opportunities to resubmit any work that requires any improvement.
Upon satisfactory completion of all course components and full fee payment, students will be issued with a statement of attainment for SIRRFSA001 Handle food safely in a retail environment.
Please check your State or Territory requirements to ensure this unit covers any compliance obligation you may be required to fulfill.
Available to be included in school based traineeship qualifications.
$150 (Online training)
$215 (face-to-face class)*
$170 (Class of 6+ students) *We do not issue the New South Wales Food Authority certification as part of this course.
Next start date
Participants must have access to a food workplace environment for conducting assessments and a supervisor within the business who has relevant experience or a qualification in Food Safety to confirm knowledge and skills.
Whether you’re at school, starting your first job or are an experienced retail manager, we have a pathway that’s right for you.